International fellowship programme for sabbatical leave and research residencies at the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
Launched in 2009, the International Fellowship Programme offers scholars from around the world the opportunity to spend one to three months on a research residency at the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin.
The programme supports research projects that bear direct relation to the diverse institutions and rich collections of the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. It aims to strengthen the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin’s position within the international scholarly network and is therefore aimed specifically at foreign scholars who do not reside in Germany. The programme especially promotes young researchers. The fellowships allow researchers to work on their project and make professional contacts at the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin. As a result, they also get to participate in the scholarly and cultural life within the Staatliche Museen zu Berlin and Stiftung Preussischer Kulturbesitz.
The application deadlines are as follows
- June 30th for the first half of the following year
- December 31st for the second half of the following year.
The following application documents must be submitted in one single pdf-file:
• a completed application form (see separate annex),
• a tabular curriculum vitae,
• two letters of recommendation by university teachers concerning the candidate’s academic qualification (only for graduates / doctoral-candidates),
• a list of publications,
• copies of college/university diplomas and of certificates indicating the conferral of academic degrees,
• a detailed exposition of the project with statements concerning the overall aim, method and the preparatory work already achieved.
Please do not use any kind of paper-fastener or retaining clips. The application shall be send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or as written application to the following address:
Staatliche Museen zu Berlin
- Der Generaldirektor –
D – 10785 Berlin
Prerequisites for Application
Graduate scholars, postgraduates and doctoral candidates as well as post-docs and professors who do not have their residence in Germany are eligible for application. The applicants must hold at least a first university degree (M.A. or equivalent degree) at the time of application.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.