Welcome to the 2016 International Cyber Security Summer School
From the 21st until the 26th of August 2016 the NCI Agency invites 50 young professionals and students from around the world to participate in an exclusive 5-day summer course on International Cyber Security Innovation in The Hague (The Netherlands), delivered by NATO NCI Agency, Europol, and The Hague Security Delta and the municipality of The Hague. During this summer school, you will learn about the latest developments and the cutting edge cyber security features that exist today and will meet international experts from this field. The Summer School will take place at The Hague Security Delta Campus.
NATO NCI Agency, Europol, and The Hague Security Delta are excited to announce that registrations for the upcoming edition of the International Cyber Security Summer School have now officially opened. After a successful first edition, ICSSS16 will host 50 students and young participants during a five-day program, which will cover various aspects of cyber security.
In addition to lectures from NATO NCI Agency, Europol, and The Hague Security Delta students will also receive lectures from national and international organizations, such as Eurojust, the Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence, the National Cyber Security Centre, and the European Telecommunications Standards Institute.
As stated, both students and young professionals (0-2 years of experience) are both invited to apply. The table below details the price difference between students and young professionals.
Students: € 225
Young professionals (0-2 years of experience): € 625
The tuition fee includes*:
- Lunch on class days;
- All reading material;
- Excursions and site visits;
- Certificate of attendance.
To receive full consideration, all supporting documents (i.e. curriculum vitae, letter of motivation) must be handed in before our deadline on June 1st, 2016 (23:59 CET). You are strongly advised to apply as early as possible.
To be eligible for this program, you should fulfill the following criteria3:
- You have the nationality of (a) an EU Member state, (b) a NATO member state, and/ or (c) a member state of NATO's Partnership for Peace program. Nevertheless, if your nationality does not fulfill this requirement, we would still like to encourage you to apply;
- You are (a) a PhD student, (b) in the final year of your Master's or (c) a young professional with 0-2 years work experience in the field of technical safety and security research (for example; cyber security, software engineering, digital forensics, computational science but also non-technical areas like security risk management or technical policy management);
- You have an updated Curriculum Vitae;
- You are motivated to take this course, which is expressed in a letter of motivation (approx. 500 words).
The International Cyber Security Summer School has arranged a discount for participants to stay at the Student Hotel for the duration of the course (August 21st-26th). This venue is close to the city center, thus commuting to- and from the summer school activities is a breeze.
We would like to emphasize that ICSSS does not include accomodation. Students are required to make their own arrangements, either at the Student Hotel – or somewhere else.
* Participants are free to arrange their housing through providers in the private sector such as Airbnb and Booking.com. However, the International Cyber Security Summer School has arranged a 15% discount for participants to stay at The Student Hotel for the duration of the course (i.e. 21st-26th August). This venue is close to the city center, thus commuting to- and from the summer school activities is a breeze. You are not required to take this deal and you are welcome to stay in a hotel of your choice.
** The International Cyber Security Summer School is not responsible for applicants' travel documents (i.e. Visa) including but not limited to the application thereof and the costs
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: