Institute for Field Research Merit Based Scholarships
Application deadline is March 25 at 5:00pm PST. Students will be notified of status by April 12, 2016.
The Institute for Field Research would like to support promising young scholars that may become future leaders – both within and outside archaeology. It is our hope that regardless of the career path such students may take, an archaeology field school will establish a lifelong relationship with the discipline and an understanding for the importance of the past to our collective human future. Please complete the online application, answer the questions and send the supporting documents to the IFR office by email. Please send complete applications only. Each Merit-Based scholarship is $2,500. This scholarship has no cash value and will be awarded as field school tuition reduction only.
All recommendation letters and supporting documents must be submitted by the application deadline. Late submission will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be considered. No exceptions.
- Any student whose application was approved for any of the IFR field schools.
- Must be 18 years old or older at the day the field school begins.
- Minimum GPA 3.5 (equivalent to 85% grade average).
- Names of two individuals who will send the IFR a recommendation letter on your behalf.
- Must be current student or graduated in the past five years for any institution of higher education (community college, university, etc.) anywhere in the world.
- There is no nationality restriction. Any student may apply.
- Your major does not need to be in archaeology or related subject. Students from any major are welcomed to apply.
- Unofficial copy of your transcripts showing your current GPA/grade average.
- Complete the application form online.
MATERIALS THAT MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR APPLICATION:
- Oneline application with full answers to essay questions.
- Unofficial copy of your transcripts showing your current GPA.
- Two letters of recomendation submitted via our online system.
- All recommendation letters and supporting documents must be submitted by the application deadline.