Institute for Field Research - Balkan Heritage Foundation Balkan Program Scholarships
The Institute for Field Research and Balkan Heritage Foundation are offering three scholarships to support deserving students attending any of the seven IFR-BHF joint field schools (Bulgaria- Tell Yunatsite, Bulgaria- Apolonia, Bulgaria- Bresto, Bulgaria- Conservation, Bulgaria- Ilindentsi, Bulgaria- Pistiros, and Macedonia- Stobi). Students must complete the application online, upload copy of transcripts and one letter of recommendation. Only students who are admitted to the seven IFR-BHF field schools are eligible. Each scholarship is for $1,200. This scholarship has no cash value and will be awarded as field school tuition reduction only.
All recommendation letters and supporting documents must be submitted by the application deadline. Late submission will not be accepted and incomplete applications will not be considered. No exceptions.
Application deadline is April 19 at 5:00pm PST. Students will be notified of status by April 26, 2016.
- Any student who was admitted to the five IFR-BHF field schools (Apolonia Pontica, Ilindentsi, Pistiros, Tell Yunatsite, Bresto, Conservation and Stobi)
- Must be 18 years old or older at the day the field school begins
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- Must be current student or graduated in the past five years from any institution of higher education (community college, university, etc.) anywhere in the world
- There is no nationality restriction -- any student may apply
- Your major does not need to be in archaeology or related subjects -- any student is welcome to apply
SUBMISSION & REQUIRMENTS
- Be admitted to any of the five IFR-BHF field schools (Apolonia Pontica, Ilindentsi, Pistiros, Tell Yunatsite, Bresto, Conservation and Stobi)
- No deposit is required to apply for this scholarship but deposit is the only way to secure a space in this program
- A Student ID and Password will be generated. Use those to login to the scholarship application page
- Complete online application
- Upload unofficial copy of transcripts
- Provide the name and email address of an individual that will write a letter of recommendation on your behalf
- All recommendation letters and supporting documents must be submitted by the application deadline
- Student must submit a two page report by Oct. 1, 2016 (at the end of the season) -- report will be supervised by BHF staff
DEADLINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Application submission deadline is April 19, 2016, at 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time. Applicants will be notified of status by April 26, 2016. This scholarship will be applied as a deduction from your field school tuition. It has no cash value. This scholarship may be applied towards the cost of the five IFR-BHF field schools only and may not be used for any other field school within or outside the IFR.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: