Indian institute of Management Online Course on International Business Environment and Global Strategy
Length: 3 Weeks
Effort: 4-5 hours per week
Add a Verified Certificate for $25
This course focuses on the social, political, economic and institutional environment of countries. This environmental context molds the country’s objectives, defines the country’s strategy, programs and policies for achieving objectives, and significantly impacts companies.
The context is affected by historical events, and by the country’s leadership. Many stakeholders shape the environment and the institutions, or “rules of the game”, that affect business. Labor, students, farmers, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the military play a crucial role, making the analysis of country environments complex and fascinating.
What you'll learn
- How social, political, economic and institutional factors define the business environment of countries
- What role history and leadership play in shaping the environment
- How companies’ strategies are affected by the environment
- How the rules of the game set by global institutions, such as the WTO, affect business and human welfare, for example, through the pricing of AIDS drugs in developing countries like South Africa
- How diverse stakeholders, including NGOs, shape the business environment and affect company strategies
- How companies and NGOs create value at the bottom of the pyramid