ICAPA WRITIVISM SCRIPT WRITING RESIDENCY 2017
Deadline: April 14, 2017 12 midnight Harare time
Are you working on a feature film script? Are you working on a short film script? Are you interested in adapting an African story for the big screen?
If you answered yes to at least one question, then this could be your opportunity. Applications are invited for a bilingual (English and French) scriptwriting residency to be held in Senegal in May 2017.
Applicants should apply with a CV (maximum 250 words), a motivational letter (maximum 200 words) and ONE of the 3 listed below:
- A first draft of the script and a one page synopsis OR
- A treatment for the screenplay and a one page synopsis OR
- A one page synopsis for a screenplay based on a short story. The short story must be chosen from the stories at the links available on the official website.
Applicants who choose option three should include a 200 word motivation for your choice of story.
- Should be in a position to spend 4 weeks in Dakar in May 2017.
- Will have the opportunity to take either French or English lessons during the residency
Both Franco-phone and Anglo-phone applicants are welcome and women are encouraged to apply and men are welcome.
The residency is part of the The African Women Film- Maker’s Hub, a network of African women film-makers in West, East and Southern Africa.
This is joint initiative between the Institute of Creative Arts for Progress in Africa (ICAPA) and Writivism. Applications should be sent to email@example.com and copied to Africanwomenfilmmakershub@gmail.com. All applications in French should be copied to Karonika Productions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: