2017 Human Science Summer School
The Human Science International Course in the Graduate School of Design, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan, invites Graduate School students studying outside Japan to the 2017 Human Science Summer School. Those of you eligible and interested in the education of our International Course are encouraged to apply. We are looking for candidates with an excellent academic performance and a strong desire to pursue a Doctoral degree at our Human Science Department. We offer financial support and course credits, as well as course education and laboratory experience.The Human Science Summer School provides a program consisting of 15 lectures of 90 minutes in combination with explanations of laboratory equipment and general research facilities. Lecture content is based on subjects from the curriculum of the Human Science International Course.
Number of invited participants: Two or three Graduate School students studying outside Japan.
Eligibility of applicants
(1) Graduate School students of universities/institutes outside Japan.
(2) Those who are interested in education and research of our Human Science International Course.
(3) Those with sufficient English capability to follow 15 lectures and do laboratory work.
(4) Those who can get a recommendation from their current supervisor.
-25 Aug (Fri): arrival at Fukuoka airport
- 26, 27 Aug (Sat, Sun): orientation and sightseeing
- 28 Aug (Mon): administration, laboratory tour, welcome party
- 29 Aug – 1 Sep (Tue-Fri): lectures and laboratory work
- 2, 3 Sep (Sat, Sun): bus tour and sightseeing
- 4, 5 Sep (Mon, Tue): lectures and laboratory work
- 6 Sep (Wed): presentation preparation, free time
- 7 Sep (Thu): final presentations and farewell event
- 9 Sep (Fri): check-out and departure from Fukuoka.
(1) an application form (Excel file)
(2) a recommendation letter from your supervisor
(3) transcript of your academic record (BA and MA, if available)
(4) a letter of motivation in English, >800 words, describing why you are interested in joining the Summer School transcript of your academic record (BA and MA, if available)
We give priority to Master students and encourage faculty staff to apply. Please note that Undergraduate or Doctoral students cannot apply. There is no age limit.We will inform you through an acceptance/rejection notification within 1 month after the document submission deadline.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: