About Human Rights and Drug Policy Workshop
The Human Rights and Drug Policy Workshop will be held at the Centre for Criminology at the University of Hong Kong from October 12 to October 17, 2015.
In 2016, the United Nations General Assembly will hold a Special Session on Drugs (UNGASS). This is a key moment for policy makers to examine drug policies and openly discuss what is working and what is not. In preparation for this meeting, this workshop will examine the connection between drug policy, human rights, and public health.
- international drug control systems and impacts in Asia–Pacific
- human rights and drug control
- lessons learned and best practices of drug policy in Asia
- public health and harm reduction
- women and drug policy
- site visits in Hong Kong to harm reduction and treatment centers
Complete the application form and send to Ms. Leona Li at email@example.com along with a brief statement of interest. This should contain a statement (maximum one page) of why the workshop is relevant to your current activities and what you expect to get out of the workshop. The program representative will provide confirmation by email after the registration deadline.