International Writing Contest 2017
The magazine’s annual contest calls for participation by authors writing in English and in the BCMS languages. The contest is international in format, and there are no geographical restrictions so long as the submissions are in one of the languages specified. Hourglass Literary Magazine is an annual and bilingual magazine which is being published in print and digital form in English as well as the languages of the region (BCMS).
- …will be officially awarded in Banja Luka, Bosnia and Hercegovina (during September 2017).
- The event winners and finalists will be informed via e-mail/phone.
- If an author cannot attend the awards ceremony, sponsors of the contest will provide the video conference; funds will be paid via PayPal or bank transfer.
- Winning entries will be published in the second issue of the Hourglass Literary Magazine, in the original language (English / BCMS languages) and translated (BCMS/English).
- Authors will also receive printed copy of the Hourglass Literary Magazine No. 2.
- Editorial staff and board members will take under consideration shortlisted works for publication in the second issue of the Hourglass Literary Magazine. The selected works will be financially compensated.
General criteria of the competition
- Final closing date: 11:59 P.M. April 30, 2017 (US Central time).
- Jury/Judges: Sibelan Forrester, Jelena Lengold and John K. Cox.
- The competition is international and is open to all authors writing in English or any of the BCMS languages (comprising Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegrin.)
- There are no theme, or genre limitations and boundaries.
- Work must be original and unpublished.
- One author can compete in all categories, for all three awards respectively.
- Multiple submissions are allowed (as well as simultaneous submissions).
- Authors who write in BCMS may submit their entries in Latin or Cyrillic script.
- By participating in the contest of the Hourglass Literary Magazine authors agree that their work which they submitted in the contest is to be published in the second issue of the Hourglass Literary Magazine (in print and digital form).
- Short stories, essays and poems by writers who write in English will be translated in one of the BCMS languages and vice versa.
- Participants retain the copyright of their works.
- Names of finalists will be published on the Internet at the official website and/or the Hourglass Monthly Newsletter and also through our media sponsor (ELTA TV) at the official press conference scheduled for July 2017.
- Works can be sent in .doc, .docx, .rtf, .odt and .pdf format, with font size not exceeding 12 points.
- Contest is anonymous and will be blind judged.
- Please prepare your text document(s) accordingly to avoid disqualification. The document should only contain the name and text of the story, poem(s), essay. Personal details should be included in the Cover letter of the submission tool.
- Participants at any time may contact the editorial office via email: email@example.com.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: