University of Sydney Honours Scholarship
Applications are now open: Apply now !
For: New or continuing students intending to enrol in an appended Honours program at The University of Sydney for the following year.
How much: $6,000
How long: One year
Before completing the Application Form, please ensure you have read the following information;
- To be eligible for an Honours Scholarship you must apply for entry at the University of Sydney commencing in 2017, either in semester 1 or semester 2.
- Honours Scholarship applications are open only once a year. Regardless of which semester you will commence in, please lodge an application for the year of enrolment.
- The Honours program must involve an additional year to a standard Bachelor degree, i.e. degrees that allow course completion in an Honours stream are not eligible for this scholarship.
- You must be either be:
a local student (an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia); or
an international student who has completed their undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney.
- Please ensure you have read the Conditions of Award prior to completing this form.
Conditions of Award University of Sydney Honours Scholarships
1. The University of Sydney Honours Scholarships are available to both Domestic and International students enrolling in an appended Honours Program at the University of Sydney in 2017. However, International students must have completed their undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney. Applicants who already hold a scholarship of equal or higher value at the University of Sydney are not eligible.
2. The scholarships shall be awarded on the basis of academic merit and personal attributes such as leadership and creativity. The Faculties of Arts, Health Sciences, Science and the Sydney Business School may also award scholarships on the basis of equity.
3. Each scholarship is offered for, and is tenable in, a specific Honours program and is not transferable to another degree program.
4. A confirmed offer of a scholarship must be taken up by enrollment in the nominated Honours program and cannot be deferred.
5. Each scholarship is for one year only and is valued at $6,000. The recipient will be required to refund all or part of the scholarship received if s/he subsequently withdraws from the nominated Honours program. Requests to hold the scholarship part-time will be approved under review of any extenuating circumstances, such as a medical condition, which limits the student's capacity to undertake full-time study. Such requests must be approved by the Scholarships Office; if approved, payment will be 50% of the amount of the normal payment.
6. The University of Sydney Honours Scholarships will be paid in two equal instalments of $3000 after the census dates each semester, subject to continued enrolment.
7. The scholarship will be terminated if the recipient:
a) accepts another university scholarship of equal or higher value
b) enrolls part-time without the prior approval from the Scholarships Office to hold the scholarship part-time
c) withdraws from the Honours degree
d) is found to not meet the eligibility criteria
8. Once terminated, the scholarship will not be reinstated
You must upload the following documentation to your application:
Academic transcripts- You must provide copies of all transcripts detailing previous tertiary study at institutions other than the University of Sydney.
Equity applications- If you have elected to apply for the equity Honours Scholarships with either the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, or the University of Sydney Business School please include a copy of a Centrelink Income Statement or other documentation demonstrating disadvantage (eg. medical certificates) or up to one half-A4 page statement detailing your reasons for applying for an Honours Equity Scholarship.
Personal statement- Students enrolling in faculties other than those listed below must submit a general personal statement (no longer than one A4 page). As a guide, this document might include details of past academic achievements, positions of leadership, communication skills, relevant work experience and why you have decided to undertake Honours study. It will also be useful to the selection panel if you provide a general description of your research project.
Students enrolling in the faculties listed below have the following additional requirements:
- Faculty of Architecture-Applicants must include a one page research proposal outlining their intended research topic IN ADDITION to their one A4 page personal statement.
- Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences- Applicants personal statements must address the following criteria:
- (a) demonstrated leadership potential and/or experience;
- (b) reason for undertaking honours (eg. career and/or learning outcomes); and
- (c) any claim for the award on equity grounds.
- University of Sydney Business School - Applicants personal statements, in addition to the requirements et out above, must also provide a:
- (a) one page outline of their intended research topic, including its potential contribution to business and society
- (b) supporting statement if applying on the grounds of diversity and social inclusion
NB: Missing information or supporting documents will not be followed up due to the number of applications we receive. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all relevant information is submitted. If information is not supplied by the closing date, this will mean that your application is incomplete and will be ineligible for consideration.
How to apply: Applications for the Honours Scholarship for 2017 are now open. Applications will close on the 13th of January 2017 at 5pm.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: