About the award
Presented by the Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson, the HCB Award supports the creation of a photography project which could not be achieved without this help. It is intended for a photographer who has already completed a significant body of work, close to the documentary approach. The candidate must be supported by an institution — museum, gallery, independent curator, publisher, etc.
The HCB Award is presented once every two years and grants the indivisible amount of 35 000 euros.
The application le must gather the following elements :
- n A letter signed by the institution explaining its support for the candidate —1 typed page maximum, in English and in French.
- n A selection of 15 to 20 photographs, indicating the candidate’s name on the back of each print —maximum size of the prints 30 x 40 cm, not framed, no slides.
Additional books or printed material are welcomed.
- n A text written and signed by the candidate outlining the project for which he/her wishes to receive the HCB Award —2 typed pages maximum, in English and in French.
- n A concise biography of the candidate outlining his/her experience, exhibitions, publications, grants and prizes awarded.
- n The application form fully completed and signed by the candidate.
- n A prepaid envelope for the return of the application file, with French stamps, international return coupon DOHA
SUBMISSION AND RETURN OF THE APPLICATION DOSSIER
Candidates and institutions can access the application form online at the following address :
For more information: email@example.com
Application les must be dropped or sent from April 1 to 29 at the following address :
Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson HCB AWARD
2, impasse Lebouis
A pre-selection committee reviews all applications. The jury members can access all dossiers during the final deliberations. The winner is selected by an international jury of seven prominent personalities of the art world. Each jury member has one voice. The final decision of the jury remains undisputable. The winner’s artwork project will be exhibited at the Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson and published as a book, in the spring 2019.
The HCB Award is made possible thanks to the partnership of the Fondation d’entreprise Hermès.
- February 2017 : call for entries
- April 1 – 29, 2017 : application submissions at the Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson
- April 29 : application deadline (date as per postmark)
- End of June 2017 : HCB Award ceremony at the Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson
- July 2017 : return of the application submissions to the candidates
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: