Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
Explore how entrepreneurship and innovation tackle complex social problems in emerging economies.
About this course
This business and management course takes an inter-disciplinary approach to understanding and solving complex social problems. You will learn about prior attempts to address these problems, identify points of opportunity for smart entrepreneurial efforts, and propose and develop your own creative solutions.
The focus of this course is on individual agency—what can you do to address a defined problem? While we will use the lens of health to explore entrepreneurial opportunities, you will learn how both problems and solutions are inevitably of a multi-disciplinary nature, and we will draw on a range of sectors and fields of study.
What you'll learn
- How to think like an entrepreneur
- A framework for understanding the nature of public health issues
- How entrepreneurial innovations can contribute to the social good
- Various creative solutions that have contributed to alleviating problems in the developing world
- How entrepreneurship applies to domains beyond business
For more information click "Further official information" below.