The aim of this competition is, raising the awareness of not only the car drivers but also the motorcycle riders, pedestrians, passengers about the safe drive.
Traffic is an important part of the coexistence.All citizens are a part of this coexistence. The terms of a safe drive can be seen as education, following the rules, being deliberative and respectful to the others in traffic. The main focus of this event is to raise the awareness on these important issues. The competition is being organized for Ali Gargınsu, who is our beloved student that passed away in a sorrowful motorbike accident in 2014.
• To draw society's attention to the traffic accidents
• To raise awareness of the society on safe drive
• To show the significance of graphic design to solve serious social problems
• To represent Cyprus International University in terms of social responsibility
• To cherish the memory of our student Ali Gargınsu who passed away in a motorbike accident
Terms of Participation
1. Participation in the Ali Gargınsu Poster Award is free of charge.
2. The competition is open worldwide.
3. The number of entries submitted by each participant is unlimited.
4. Digital files of works are to be submitted with the fallowing format: JPG file – 2953 *4134 pixels (50*70 cm) 150 DPİ in RGB mode.
5. Entries will be selected by the Jury and all selected participants will be announced by e-mail.
6. The organisers (CIU - FFDA) have the right to exhibit and publish selected works for non-commercial purposes.
7. The author must fill the entry form which indicates his/her acceptance of the terms and conditions of the competition.
8. All participants should promise the posters authenticity.
9. The organisers would print the selected posters for the exhibition properly.
17th February 2017 - Call for entries close
20-24th February 2017 - Jury evaluation
1st March 2017 - selected posters announcement
10th March 2017 - Opening exhibition
Evaluations and Awards
1. Ali Gargınsu Award
2. Honorable mention for two posters
3. All participants who are selected to exhibition will receive a certificate of participation.
For more information click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: