Study Scholarships - Postgraduate Studies in the Fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film
DAAD scholarships offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Who can apply?
Foreign applicants who have gained a first university degree in the fields of Fine Art, Design, Visual Communication and Film at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
What can be funded?
In this study programme, you can complete
- a Master's degree course/postgraduate degree course leading to a final qualification, or
- a complementary course without degree (not an undergraduate course)
at a state or state-recognised German university of your choice.
This programme only funds projects in the artistic and creative area. Other DAAD scholarship programmes are available for applicants from the field of History of Art or Art Studies or for artists with a scientific project.
Duration of the funding
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study programme
- Start: usually from 1st October, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study programme
- The scholarships are awarded for the duration of the standard period of study for the chosen study programme (up to a maximum of 24 months). To receive further funding after the first year of study for 2-year courses, proof of academic achievements thus far should indicate that the study programme can be successfully completed within the standard period of study.
- Applicants who are already in Germany in the first year of a postgraduate course at the time of application may apply for funding for their second year of study. In this case, it is not possible to extend the scholarship.
- For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: