Do you want to participate in Europe’s largest forum on development? Do you want to have a say in the debates that shape development policy? Apply to our Future Leaders Programme to be selected to come to European Development Days 2015 in Brussels!
A call to all young leaders
Are you playing an active role in the fight against poverty? Have you been involved in innovative projects to address global challenges in your community? Do you want to share your vision of the future with global leaders?
If yes, then you should apply for the Future Leaders Programme and win an invitation to the 2015 edition of European Development Days (EDD15), to speak about issues you are passionate about, alongside world leaders!
Can I apply?
We are looking for 12 extraordinary young people ages 21-26 from around the world who can represent the powerful impact that youth are having in the development field. The finalists will be ‘movers and shakers’ in their communities who are able to speak at a high-level about a topic they are passionate about, outlined in the EDD programme.
- Applicants must be between 21 and 26.
- Applications are open to young adults from all around the world, without restriction of nationality.
- Applications must be submitted in one of the following official European Commission languages: English / French / Spanish / German / Portuguese. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and comprehensively in one of these languages. Passive translation will be provided if necessary during EDD15 for those languages.
- Applicants must be able to travel to and participate in EDD15 in Brussels.
We will evaluate your application based on three criteria:
- 40% Your knowledge of your chosen topic and the relevance of your active engagement. We encourage candidates to show how their activities have had an impact on the community.
- 30% Your role as a legitimate representative of an organisation, other youth or community, and your leadership experience or potential.
- 30% Your public speaking skills and ability to speak at a high-level panel.
You will find the application form on the FUTURE LEADERS page of the European Development Days website.
Note that you will be required to register on the website before starting the application. Once registered, click on “Add new proposal” and select “Future Leaders”. You can save and leave the application process at any time, you just need to save your progress before you exit. You can therefore complete the form in instalments. However, please do not forget that you should submit a completed form before Wednesday 18th March 2015.
Should you require any additional information or assistance, please contact email@example.com.
We wish you the best of luck in the application, and we are very much looking forward to reviewing your proposal.