About summer school
Top academic lectures - Get to know the latest research of your university.
Top industry insights - Get to know Infineon Austria - one of the leading industrial companies in Austria.
Recreation & fun - Enjoy the wonderful landscape with lakes and mountains in Villach and have fun.
Extend your network - Get to know smart & wonderful people - students, lecturers, and employees of Infineon Austria.
Earn a Certificate - The certificate will be helpful for job applications.
Costs covered - The participation at the WinterSchool is free of charge. Additionally Infineon Austria covers your accommodation costs in Villach.
- Arrival to Villach and lunch at 1pm
- 2pm WinterSchool Welcome
- Overview applications and market trends
- Overview & basics of devices and technologies for power electronics
- Basics of power electronics
- Meet & greet with Infineon experts
- Single-inductors multiple outputs (SIMO) DC-DC converters - Edoardo Bonizzoni (University of Pavia)
- Switched-capacitor (SC) DC-DC converters - Piero Malcovati (University of Pavia)
- On board charger - Roberto Petrella (University of Udine)
- SiC MOSFET motor application - Luca Solero (University of Rome 3)
- Fire side chat
- Hands on day:
- Presentation of PhD and Master theses as well as opportunities for students at Infineon
- Lab tours
- Market place with demonstrations
- Walk to Hundsmarhof with dinner (departure: 4pm @ Infineon, walk approx. 30 minutes)
- SMPS system solutions with digital control - Tobias Reimann (TU Ilmenau)
- Motor control & trends in integration - Hubert Berger (University of Applied Sciences Joanneum)
- Presentation Technikum Vienna - Felix Himmelstoß (University of Applied Sciences Technikum Vienna)
- To be announced - Klaus Krischan (TU Graz)
- Leisure time
- Key note presentation - Johann Walter Kolar (ETH Zurich)
- Feedback & takeaways
- WinterSchool Goodbye
Send an email with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org - you will receive a personal confirmation within a few days.
- Motivation essay (approx. 300 words) - Describe your motivation why you would like to attend the WinterSchool Villach.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Confirmation of enrollment ("Studienbestätigung")
- Certificates ("Sammelzeugnis")
- References (optional)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: