Full-time junior assistant
- Last application date: Feb 10, 2016 23:59
- Department: LW21 - Department of Languages and Cultures
- Contract: Statutary
- Occupancy rate: 100%
- Vacancy Type: Academic assisting staff
For the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy, we are looking for full-time junior assistant within the department Languages and Cultures.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on academic research in preparation of a doctoral dissertation in one or more of the three fields listed above;
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the programme of Slavonic and East European studies;
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
What we can offer you
We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years.
Attention: If you are currently working as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University and your cumulative percentage exceeds 30%, you cannot apply for this position.
- Your appointment will start by 01/03/2016 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about this can be found on our website.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as 38 days of paid leave, a wide range of training and education opportunities, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits can be found on our website.
All applications must be received no later than 10/02/2016 at 23:59 (CET) at email@example.com, with the following documents attached as one file:
- Application letter
a transcript of the required degree
- an overview of your study results
a research proposal (between 1500 and 2000 words)
Please indicate clearly what position and department you are applying for, as well as the following reference number: 2016-01-25. You will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as we have received your application.
Attention: Late applications are not accepted.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy,