About the allowancces for conference trips
Within FUBright for International Doctoral Candidates - a project promoted by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) - Dahlem Research School offers mobility allowances for conference trips abroad that fall into the periods February 15. − October 15. 2017.
The FUBright Mobility Allowance aims at supporting international doctoral candidates of Freie Universität Berlin who are planning to participate actively in a conference abroad within the context of their dissertation project.
Eligible are all international doctoral candidates of Freie Universität Berlin - independent of their research field - who do not receive mobility funding for this purpose from elsewhere.
- be enrolled as a doctoral candidates at Freie Universität Berlin.
- be at the earliest in the second, at the latest in the eighth semester of their dissertation project.
- provide an official confirmation of the conference participation by the organizer.
- not be a member of a third-party funded research project (e.g. Research Training Group, Graduate School, Collaborative Research Center, DFG Research Unit, etc.)
- not be a grantee of a funding organization which provides travel grants.
- not have received a FUBright Mobility Allowance for a conderence trip for the same calendar year.
The conference trip must
- contribute to the dissertation project.
- include an active participation of the doctoral candidate in the conference, e.g. a presentation or poster presentation.
- take place and be completed within the period February 15. − October 15. 2017.
- not exceed 5 days.
- not take place in the applicant’s home country.
- not take place in a country for which the German Federal Foreign Office has issued travel warnings.
- not be contrary to regulations in the applicant’s employment contract.
- not contradict regulations of organizations that fund the applicant.
Scope of Funding
The number of FUBright Mobility Allowances for conference trips that may be granted in 2017 depends on the availability of funds.
The allowances consist of travel and subsistence lump sums. They are calculated according to the rules of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The amount of both depends on the target country and the duration of the stay (see tables for DAAD travel lump sums (max. 5 days) and DAAD subsistence lump sums).
Please provide us with the following documents (in German or English):
- Application form (See in the "Further official information" link below this announcemenent), signed by you and your supervisor at Freie Universität Berlin, assuring that no other sources of funding will be used to finance the travel and/or stay.
- CV (max. two pages): please include your postal address and (if applicable) mention the organization who funds your dissertation project (e.g. DAAD, CSC, etc)
- Abstract of your doctoral thesis (max. one page), including a convincing statement why the planned conference participation is reasonable/necessary within your dissertation project at the envisioned point in time. The statement must be signed by your supervisor at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Copy of the official confirmation of conference participation by the organizing institution including the title of the conference contribution
- Copy of enrollment certificate by Freie Universität Berlin (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung)
- Copy of the letter of acceptance by your department at Freie Universität Berlin (Zulassung)
Applicants are not entitled to the FUBright Mobility Allowances; funding is contingent upon acceptance by Dahlem Research School.
Money paid or overpaid beforehand must be paid back by the applicant without delay in the following cases:
The conference trip is cancelled or the duration of the stay is shortened.
The applicant is found to be in breach of any of the requirements set for the FUBright – Mobility Allowance.
Applicants will be ranked on the basis of the extent to which they meet the following criteria:
- formal requirements
- convincing statement why the planned conference participation is reasonable within the dissertation project
In case several applicants are ranked equally, lots will be drawn to select the candidates.
Please send your application dossier with the documents in the same order and numbered as listed above in one PDF-document via e-mail (subject: FUBright Mobility Allowance for Conference Trips) until January 29. 2017, 8 p.m. (CET) to email@example.com.
Incomplete applications or applications that do not meet the deadline will not be considered.
FUBright for International Doctoral Candidates is promoted by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: