About the award
Fredric M. Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award
2017 Call For Submissions and Application
Deadline: May 1, 2017
The Fredric M. Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award is given annually to a scholar whose doctoral dissertation research, while on any topic and from any discipline, demonstrates substantial insights and implications for the study of leadership. In order to be eligible for the award competition, a doctoral dissertation must be successfully defended between May 1, 2015 and May 1, 2017. This year's winner will be honored at the 19th Annual Global Conference of the International Leadership Association, October 12-15, 2017 in Brussels, Belgium where the recipient will present his or her dissertation research.
The recipient of the award will receive the following:
- $1,000 prize
- Complimentary travel expenses and conference registration to ILA's 19th Annual Conference, October 12-15, 2017 in Brussels, Belgium
- Complimentary 1-year membership in the ILA
- Recognition at the ILA conference and in various multi-media ILA publications
Interested parties should complete the online application.
Candidates must also email, as separate PDF file attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- letter of interest
- three- to five-page abstract of a substantive doctoral dissertation chapter (specifically, the chapter that best represents the dissertation)
- a brief biography, and
- verification of the dissertation defense date (e.g., a letter from the dissertation advisor or copy of the dissertation signature page)
Please DO NOT send the dissertation. The award committee will contact the finalists by mid-May, 2017 to request a full dissertation chapter.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: