We believe that to improve women’s health we must also invest in the future. FWW’s Fellowship Awards recognize and support MD/PhD candidates or graduates pursuing fellowship or specialty training and working on research in women’s health. This award goes directly to the individual awardee to acknowledge and support her/his academic, training and research success and pursuits.
- Applicants must be currently and/or pursuing an MD and/or PhD at a U.S. based academic institution and must still be in the process of completing his/her education or medical training (specialty training, fellowship, or the like).
- FWW does not fund sociological or population-related research; our focus is on basic, clinical or epidemiological lines of inquiry.
- Research should be related to FWW priority areas which are:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Leading female cancers
- Hormones’ role in disease and stage-of-life health concerns
- Diseases or health concerns that disproportionately afflict women
- Exploration of gender differences related to the aforementioned topics
- Applicant’s research proposal submitted in this application is being conducted at a U.S.-based medical institution.
- Applicants must have a social security number. Award checks go directly to individuals and will be reported to the IRS as required by federal law.
- Only complete, qualified online applications will be considered.
Application and Awards
Applications are now being accepted. Deadline: June 20, 2017. Before applying, review requirements. Only one application per applicant. Two awardees will be chosen and notified by December 20, 2017. The Gridley McKim Smith Fellowship Award is for $5,000 non-recurring given directly to the individual awardee to acknowledge and support excellence and dedication to advancing women’s health.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: