Landscape scholarships – third edition call, 2017/2018
Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche, in the framework of the research activities on landscape and the care of places, developed with its own Scientific Committee, establishes landscape scholarships respectively dedicated to Sven-Ingvar Andersson (1927-2007), Rosario Assunto (1915-1994) and Ippolito Pizzetti (1926-2007), key figures for the scientific work of the Foundation since its very establishment. The legacy of their tutelage continues to inspire and guide landscape studies and research and that is why the scholarships focus on three thematic areas that represent their cultural profile and field of activity:
- Landscape project (Sven-Ingvar Andersson)
- Landscape theories and policies (Rosario Assunto)
- Nature and gardens (Ippolito Pizzetti)
Amount and duration
The value of each scholarship is set at Euro 10,000.00 (gross). The duration of the scholarships, residential and which cannot be extended, is six months each.
Selection of participants and application
The scholarships are open to Italian and foreign graduates (master's degree/laurea magistrale) and postgraduates, under the age of 40 on 31 August 2017. Research grant holders, or those who hold a public or private position, and carry out any work activity on an ongoing basis cannot apply. Candidates will be selected based on their application.
The application form is available with the call at www.fbsr.it or at the Foundation’s secretary’s office (via Cornarotta 7, Treviso, open from Monday to Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm).
The application must include the following documents:
- description of the scientific project the applicant proposes to pursue with clear indication of the thematic area of the scholarship one applies for, the subject of the research, its aims, the time frames and methods for carrying it out (maximum length 4,000 characters including spaces);
- curriculum vitae (European format), indicating the languages spoken (a good knowledge of written and spoken Italian is required);
- copy of the applicant’s degree dissertation and any scientific papers (including master’s or PhD theses);
- a signed and dated presentation letter of a professor and/or of scholar the candidate has collaborated with.
The application with the various attachments must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Borse di studio sul paesaggio 2017/2018”, or delivered to the Foundation’s secretary’s office with a different method by the same deadline In any case the documents shall be sent solely in computer form, word or PDF file. Their overall weight, if sent by email, shall not exceed 10 MB, otherwise it is required to use Wetransfer.
The deadline for submitting the applications is set without exception to 31 August 2017.
The selection of scholarship holders shall be unappealable and shall be made by a commission specially set up by the Foundation, whose members come from its structure and its Scientific Committee. The Commission reserves the right to summon applicants for an interview. The results shall be disclosed within 30 September 2017 by publication on the website www.fbsr.it and subsequently notified by e-mail to the successful candidates. Within 16 October 2017 the successful candidates shall deliver to the Foundation’s registrar a declaration of acceptance of the scholarship, and shall thereafter sign the contract and internal regulation. Otherwise, the commission shall identify, among the submitted applications, other candidates for assigning the scholarships.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: