About the followship
#neuLAND is a multinational fellowship programme launched by the German Federal Foreign Office and implemented by the European Acade- my Berlin. Its goal is to inspire young social entrepreneurs from EU Eastern Partnership countries and Russia, and to empower them in promoting their social, cultural, economic or political initiatives.
#neuLAND is a grant programme for young adults, aged up to 28 years, who live in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Russia and Ukraine, and who have innovative and creative ideas with social impact.
During a four-week event programme in Germany, participants will work on their own individual project, including discussing it with experts and other participants, taking part in workshops and exploring Germany on their own. Ideally, each participant will ‘start-up’ a (project) idea after returning to their home country – endowed with new know-how and a tightly-knit network of friends.
From each country, two to four persons will be invited to participate in #neuLAND and will be awarded a grant fellowship.
#neuLAND will consist of three components
- Preparatory seminar in Berlin, Germany
1 from 30 September to 6 October 2016
- Independently organised journey within Germany
2 from 7 to 26 October 2016
- Culminating workshop in Berlin
3 from 27 to 29 October 2016
￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼The fellowship covers
- all costs for the preparatory seminar and the culminating workshop in Berlin, including room, board and travel costs
- a train ticket enabling travel within Germany (Interrail Pass/ German Rail Pass)
- a fixed amount to cover accommodation, food, cultural event programme, etc., during the three-week long journey anywhere in Germany
- between 20 and 28 years
- fluent command of English
- principal place of residence
- in one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Russia or Ukraine
- personal data sheet including contact information
- letter of motivation (max. 3000 characters, excluding spaces)
- a project idea/outline (max. 3000 characters, excluding
spaces) with answers to the following questions
- What is your concrete project idea?
- What is the social impact of the
- What persons are the target group(s)
for the project?
- How would you organise
implementation of the project?
- How do you perceive your
role in society?
Application deadline: 29 July 2016
Please send your application via email to: European Academy Berlin
attn.: Ms Claudia Rehrs (+49 3089595137) 46/48 Bismarckallee, D-14193 Berlin firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click "Further official information" below.