The Centre for Information Modeling – Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities at the University of Graz has rich experience in DH research and teaching and is involved in a variety of (inter)national projects. The main research area of the ZIM-ACDH is digital edition as a generalizable method of semantic and formal enrichment and analysis of research data from the humanities and cultural heritage domains.
- The research fellow will do supervised research on “Canonical reference & sustainability of digital editions” in the Marie Curie Initial Training Network “DiXiT”.
- It is crucial that digital scholarly editions are stable reference texts that embed in themselves established canonical reference systems and persistent identifiers (PIDs). The relationship between well-established reference systems and technical PID systems will be explored in order to contribute to a common resolving infrastructure.
- The candidate will conduct theoretical research on canonical reference and human naming systems and their inherent logics, develop a proposal for a generic referencing system for digital editions and implement this system in the Graz FEDORA-Commons-Infrastructure GAMS (http://gams.uni-graz.at/doku) as a proof of concept.
- Relevant doctoral university degree (or research experience of at least four years), preferably in the Humanities.
- Prior experience with scholarly editing and canonical reference systems.
- Ability to present the subject in English (spoken and written).
- High level of commitment and motivation for scientific work and international collaboration.
- must be in possession of a doctoral degree (or have research experience of at least four years) and have less than five years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization (i.e. Austria) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to recruitment.
- must be willing to spend a time period of up to 2 months of their tenure at one of the DiXiT partner institutions.
Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities
University of Graz
Elisabethstraße 59/III, A-8010 Graz