The DPP programme seeks to contribute to sustainable and effective development actions that are equitable and respectful of cultural and social diversity. Key programme features include:
- Designed for working professionals: 2 full-time months and 4 part-time months at place of work
- Multilingual and held in several regions of the world (Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kazakhstan, Peru, Switzerland and Vietnam)
- Strengthening of analytical and leadership skills; completion of a job-related professional thesis
- Geographic diversity of participants and lecturers: curriculum tailored for regional practice
- Interaction between regions/continents and extension of professional networks
- Asian Institute of Technology in Vietnam (AIT-VN), Hanoi, Vietnam
- University of Ghana Business School (UGBS), Accra, Ghana
- KIMEP University, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Yam Pukri, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, in collaboration with the Institut supérieur de technologies appliquées(ISTA), Bamako, Mali
- Centro de Estudios y Promoción del Desarrollo (desco), in collaboration with the Instituto de Democracia y Derechos Humanos de la Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (IDEHPUCP), Lima, Peru
Time & Place
August 2016 - February 2017
Applications open until 15 March 2016
Fees & Financing
- Required contribution: between CHF 3'500 and CHF 25'000
- Actual cost of the programme: CHF 25'000 (CHF 18'500 for tuition and CHF 6'500 for travel and accommodation)
The DPP programme is benefiting from significant subsidies granted by the SDC (Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation), the Canton of Geneva, the Avina Stiftung foundation and other institutions. These subsidies are allocated to the candidates according to their country of origin, which classification takes into account the priority countries of Swiss cooperation and the Human Development Index (HDI).
If you are coming from a priority country, your financial contribution will be limited to CHF 3'500 + some logistic fees listed below*. This contribution also applies for your organisation or any third party who might be choosing to sponsor your participation to the programme.
If the CHF 3'500 remain too high and constitute a real obstacle for submitting your application, you have the possibility to submit a request in order to limit your financial contribution to CHF 2'000. This request must include:
- a 'statement of honour' describing your personal situation
- a statement of your organisation confirming that it doesn't contribute to the cost of your training
Applicants coming from the host countries for Module 1 (Burkina Faso, Ghana, Peru, Vietnam) are not entitled to introduce such a request.
Only requests that are part of complete application files will be studied. The grant of such a reduction is very restrictive and subject to thorough review.
Opportunities for other countries
If you are coming from a country that is not on the above list, you may still be eligible for cost reduction and your financial contribution will be fixed according to the Human Development Index (HDI):
- CHF 12'500* for candidates coming from a country with a low-to-medium HDI
- CHF 17'500* for candidates coming from a country with a high HDI
- CHF 25'000* for candidates coming from a very high HDI
For further information, please contact Stéphanie Roy Michael (+41 22 908 43 86)
The programme is organising and covering the following services:
- Module 1: accommodation, meals, local transportation
- Module 3: accommodation, meals, round trip to Geneva, local transportation, health/accident insurance
You are required to organise and take at your expenses:
- the round trip to attend Module 1 in Accra/Almaty/Hanoi/Lima/Ouagadougou
- the logistic fees incurring during Module 2
- health/accident expenses incurring during Modules 1 and 2
For Swiss and other 'Northern' candidates, specific arrangements are taken. Please, contact Stéphanie Roy Michael (+41 22 908 43 86).
Once admitted to the programme, you will receive an invoice. Payment has to be made by bank transfer to:
Bank name: CREDIT SUISSE SA, Rue de Lausanne 17-19, 1211 Geneva 70, Switzerland
Beneficiary: Fondation pour l'étude des relations internationales et du développement
Account number: 0251-254300-11-168
IBAN: CH26 0483 5025 4300 1116 8
REF: Executive Master DPP 3249
Please note that payments can only be received in Swiss Francs.
Your enrolment to the programme will be confirmed after receipt of your payment. Failure to pay the full amount of your invoice will lead to exclusion from the programme.
If you withdraw from the programme, please note that no refund will be done for your contribution and any logistic expenses incurred at the moment of the withdrawal.
Candidates resident in Geneva
If you are a Geneva resident or tax payer, you may be entitled to a training allowance for continuing education (CAF) of CHF 750.--. For further information and application process, please visit the State of Geneva website - looking for reference course n° 2713 - before the beginning of the course (no funds are granted once the programme has started).