This funding initiative encourages European and international researchers to work together on important global issues. This call's focus is health and environmental challenges.
This scheme is jointly funded by the Riksbankens Jubileumsfond, the Volkswagen Foundation and the Wellcome Trust.
Scheme at a Glance
Level of funding:From €500,000 to €900,000Duration of funding:Up to four years
Who Can Apply
The initiative supports collaboration between researchers based in different parts of the world. Groups must:
- include researchers based in Europe and at least one other region (eg Africa or Latin America)
- have the majority of their participants working outside European Union countries.
Ideally, groups should:
- involve 1-4 research institutions
- include at least one principal investigator from Germany, Sweden or the UK.
We won't consider proposals that are awaiting a decision at another funding organisation.
How to Apply
All applications will be dealt with jointly by the supporting organisations.
- Deadline for pre-proposals: 1 September 2016
- Decisions on shortlisted pre-proposals: Mid-November
- Deadline for full proposals: 27 January 2017
- Interviews with shortlisted research groups in Stockholm: 2–3 March 2017
- Grant decisions: End of March 2017
For more information on application please click the "Further official information" link below.