The Société d’ethnologie offers an annual « Eugene Fleischmann Scholarship » to support a young post-doctoral researcher or a doctoral student about to complete his or her thesis for an original and innovative one year post-doctoral research project. The disciplines concerned are anthropology, comparative sociology, ethnomusicology, archaeology, prehistory and epistemology.
The amount of the grant is € 8,000..
Candidates should send their complete application in pdf format only (maximum size 8 MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 12 noon on 29 March 2017.
Each candidate will receive an acknowledgment confirming registration by 18 april.
Applications should include:
- the completed registration form (download below)
- an abstract of the thesis (1500 characters) and an abstract of the research project (1500 characters)
- a curriculum vitae (including a list of publications)
- the proposed post-doctoral research project, indicating duration and specifying the estimated use of the grant (maximum 25000 characters with spaces)
- the report of the thesis defense (if you do not have the defense report yet, please let us know and send us a copy upon receipt)
- two publications (optional)
Candidates are not required to state either their age or their nationality.
During the second quarter of the year, a European jury of five members will assess the applications. The jury may call upon outside experts, and reserves the right to interview candidates. After deliberations, the Council of the Société d’ethnologie will designate the recipient of the award.
Deadline for submissions: March 29, 2017 at noon
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: