Students admitted to our Ph.D. program are awarded full tuition and competitive stipend support. Additional summer support and teaching assistantships may be available. In addition, research, specialized training, and professional development funds are available to students through the Emory Laney Graduate School.
In the M.S. programs, partial tuition scholarships are available on a competitive basis. There are no teaching assistantships available for those programs.
Applying to the Emory CSI/BMI graduate programs (M.S/Ph.D)
- Transcripts: We will need copies of transcripts from each post-secondary institution you have attended, including your current one. They must be in English. and issued by the registrar's at your university. We do not require official transcripts (issued by the registrar's at your university) as part of the application process, only if and when you are offered and accept admission.
- GRE scores: We will need your official GRE general exam score to be sent to us (institution code 5187)
- Statement of purpose: Write candidly about why you want to pursue a Ph.D. in computer science and informatics, what kind of questions you have worked on in the past, what you intend to focus on in your studies and how you plan to use the research experience in your longer-term plan.
- Curriculum Vitae: Provide a document listing relevant experiences and accomplishments, such as internships, awards and research experiences, that you believe will strengthen your application.
- Recommendation letters; We require three professionals with knowledge about your academic performance to write letters that evaluate your research potential and your teaching experience. Your application cannot be processed before we have received these letters.
- Application fee: The application fee is waived ($0) before October 31 (midnight PST). Starting November 1, the application fee is $75.
- Ph.D. program. The deadline for applying to our Ph.D. program for Fall 2016 is on January 3, 2016.
- M.S. program. The deadline for applying to our M.Sc. program for possible Spring 2016 admission is November 1, 2015; the deadline for possible Fall 2016 admission is May 1, 2016..