Editorial Fellowship, UKat BuzzFeed
The BuzzFeed Fellowship is a three-month programme for the next generation of writers, editors, and content creators eager to master the tools and techniques of the social web. Over the course of the programme, you will learn how to create social content that readers love to share. This includes writing and editing posts tailored to BuzzFeed's audience of social sharers, and exploring how people share on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and other social sites.
We're looking for hungry culture maniacs obsessed with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending, and talking about.
You should also have:
- High emotional intelligence.
- An interest in social platforms and what drives people to share content on the web.
- An understanding of Instagram, Vine, Tumblr, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and why the most popular stuff on those sites becomes popular.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage your own time in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
- A competitive drive — you enjoy winning, and really going for it.
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms.
Fellows will work with and learn from members of the BuzzFeed team. This is the perfect opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in media, publishing, or creative services. We look for people who are fascinated by the web, human psychology, and pop culture.
This is a paid position based in our London office.
First: Create a profile on BuzzFeed and publish a number of posts that show off your internet chops and writing prowess. How well do you get the BuzzFeed voice and style? Check out these posts to see what kinds of things perform the best on our site: buzzfeed.com/trending
After you've published a number of posts, and only then, send an application through Greenhouse with a link to your profile, your CV, and a cover letter with a paragraph or two about you, why you’re interested in BuzzFeed, and why you think you’d be perfect for the Fellowship.
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 200M.