ECU supports the vision of the Department of Health, WA to significantly improve and support the participation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people in tertiary education for health related disciplines to increase the numbers working within the Australian health workforce. ECU Students can receive up to $5000 for completing units of their relevant undergraduate bachelor degree.
Amount: Up to a maximum of $5,000
Frequency: Up to a maximum of $2,500 per semester for full time study (60 credit points) or pro rata payments for students enrolled in part time study
Method: Electronic funds transfer
Applicants must be:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Permanently residing in Western Australia and have been for at least two years prior to the commencement of their course at ECU
- must be currently undertaking a health related course of study at ECU
- must have completed at least one unit of study in current course (15 credit points)
- must be enrolled/enrolling into a minimum of 30 credit points for semester 1, 2016 in the same course
- Current students are expected to have maintained an academic status of good standing at the end of each semester (as defined in the ECU handbook)
- School of Exercise and Health Sciences
- School of Medical and Paramedical Sciences
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Psychology and Social Science
Applicants will be required to demonstrate prior academic success and provide a written statement (of no more than 500 words) which includes their personal information about the following:
- Financial circumstances
- Social disadvantages
- Reason for choosing their course of study
Please note previous recipients of the scholarship are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is valued at a maximum of $5,000
- Payment of the scholarship is made in installments based on the units completed and units enrolled in
- The installment amount can vary depending on the following:
- the initial payment will be based on the units enrolled in for the current semester
- any further payments will be based on the actual units passed in previous semester and the units enrolled in for the current semester
Example: A student who is enrolled in a full time load (60 credit points) for 2 consecutive semesters, who passes all their units will receive 2 installments of $2500, providing a full scholarship of $5000.
Example: A student who is enrolled in part time load for 4 consecutive semesters who passes all their units will receive 4 installments of $1250, providing a full scholarship of $5000.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: