The Drue Heinz Literature Prize Call for Submissions 2017
The University of Pittsburgh Press announces the 2017 Drue Heinz Literature Prize for a collection of short fiction. The prize carries a cash award of $15,000 and publication by the University of Pittsburgh Press under its standard contract. The winner will be announced in December or January. No information about the winner will be released before the official announcement.
Format for Submissions
1. Manuscripts must be double-spaced on quality white paper, unbound, and pages must be numbered consecutively. Clean, legible photocopies on high quality white paper are acceptable.
2. Each submission must include a list of all of the writer's published short fiction work, with full citations.
3. Manuscripts will be judged anonymously. Each manuscript should have two cover pages: one listing the title of the manuscript and the author's name, address, e-mail address (if available), and telephone number; and a second listing only the manuscript title. The author's name, other identifying information, and publication information must not appear after the first cover page.
4. Manuscripts will not be returned.
1. Manuscripts may also be under consideration by other publishers, but if a manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere, please notify the Press.
2. Authors may submit more than one manuscript to the competition as long as one manuscript or a portion thereof does not duplicate material submitted in another manuscript.
Dates for Submission
Manuscripts must be received during May and June 2016. That is, they must be postmarked on or after May 1 and on or before June 30.
For more information click "Further official information" below.