Dropbox is the home for your most important stuff—now we're bringing it to life with a growing family of products. As we scale our global brand, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world.
Our engineering team architects the products that handle over a billion files a day for people and businesses around the world, and Dropbox interns tackle the same technical challenges as our full-time engineers. As an intern, you’ll have the responsibility and the support you need to make a difference on a massive scale by the end of the summer.
You’ll be matched with a high-impact project, as well as a personal technical mentor to lead the way. As a full and equal member of the engineering team you join, you'll have the chance to learn alongside some of the most talented engineers in the industry. It’s a rare opportunity to help solve the most fundamental challenges in technology today.
- Optimize our file sync protocol to significantly decrease latency for small files
- Build end-to-end native calendar integration for Mailbox, including a server-side email preprocessor and client-side UI
- Improve the performance of desktop client reindex to dramatically reduce the resource use when you first turn on your computer or launch Dropbox
- Make our web and API traffic more secure by auditing and cleaning up our RPC endpoints, killing instances of old HTTP endpoints, and strictly enforcing HTTPS in our frontend layer
- Build an App Metrics console to allow API developers and partners to easily see the total users, new users, and number of API calls made each day by their application
- Rewrite our thumbnail pre-fetching system and how we keep track of thumbs to allow us to intelligently delete photos from your cache if you're low on space
- Help us bring the Mailbox for Mac app from a prototype to public beta
- Make our iOS file cache smarter, making it aware of file-type, space left on device, and time since last viewed, addressing one of our largest user requests
- Build a prototype exploring new ideas around collaboration and sharing with Dropbox, working closely with a product manager and a designer to release an internal prototype by the end of the internship
- You're currently pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- We’re looking for brilliant engineers who are hungry to take Dropbox even further. If these large-scale projects resonate, we'd love to learn more about you and find out if we can work together.