Dow Jones Data Strategy Internship
An internship at Dow Jones is not only about you – what you contribute individually, but also about how you function, interact and thrive on a team. Here at Dow Jones we value interns: your fresh perspectives, differing approaches, and “hey, let’s give this a try” attitude. We need your skills, innovative ideas and unique backgrounds to help us navigate the ever changing media/ news landscape.
If you apply to one of our internship programs, you’ll be joining a group of highly entrepreneurial, driven and yet collegial news junkies. We live and breathe news. We are up for the challenge of re-thinking the news business. And we do this in an open plan office with lots of coffee and lots of teamwork.
Data is the compass.
We don't just do stuff here, we do the right stuff.
We do the right stuff because we let data, hard facts, and numbers drive our strategy, our product development, and our way forward. Here’s how we work. Our Data Strategy team collects and integrates our own proprietary data and third party licensed content – we process and integrate millions of articles a day from more than 32,000 news and business sources from nearly 200 countries in 28 languages, while also providing equity exchange data from 49 countries and over 80,000 listed instruments.
During this 10 week long internship, you will work on a variety of projects and tasks assigned by and under the direction of managers in the Data Strategy organization. Among the projects our Data Strategy interns will work on in 2016 are the following:
- Projects to help ensure the smooth passage and timely delivery of content from providers ranging from The Wall Street Journal to social media sources.
- Research related to customized reports and newsletters from online news content and publicly available records.
- Content enrichment projects related to a variety of automated and rules-based systems used to categorize Dow Jones content.
- Testing the accuracy and completeness of Dow Jones data related to companies, executives and financial markets.
- Building and enhancing the content for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- We're looking for candidates who are working towards a bachelor's degree with at least one year of school successfully completed
- Solid research skills
- Enjoys working with news and information, without necessarily the desire to write the news
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Meticulous attention to detail with exceptional verbal and written communication
- In addition to English, other Asian languages are desired as you’ll deal with Data Strategy team members around the globe including Europe and China (sorry, no travel required)
Click here to watch our summer interns in New York 2015 in action (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FuMCuRNomM&feature=youtu.be)
How do you apply?- If you feel that this exciting and fast paced position matches your skills, experience and motivation then please submit your CV and covering letter along with either a YouTube video telling us “Why we should choose you to be the 2016 Data Strategy 2016 summer internship” or a 4 slide PowerPoint telling us: “Why you are passionate about research and data and why this is so key to us as an organization” to https://internationalcareers-dowjones-newscorp.icims.com/jobs/27888/job
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: