Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in ourNew York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
- This is a competitive program. Candidates will be selected on a merit basis.
- Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contactedafter the application deadline.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may apply for more than one term, but will only be contacted regarding the most current term.
- International candidates are responsible for securing their U.S. work permit. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- All candidates are responsible for their own accommodation (and relocation, if applicable) in New York City. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- No calls or e-mails please regarding application status.
In addition to paid internships, Doctors Without Borders participates in work/study programs for those who qualify.
Department: Field Human Resources
Reports to: Field HR Associate
Type of position: Intern, paid
Time Commitment: 20 hrs/week
Duration: 3 months–4 months (depending on term)
Location: New York City
Objective:To administer the HR department's relationship with potential and current members of the active field staff pool. To assist with administrative/clerical responsibilities related to the HR cycle.
Overview: The HR intern will respond to requests for information on volunteering requirements and general MSF HR information. S/he will learn about the organizations changing HR needs and help cultivate the pool of prospective applicants as appropriate to the field needs. S/he will also assist in facilitating the visa process for field staff confirmed for field assignments and a quarterly new field staff orientation.
Duties: The Field Human Resources Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Access and process field staff applications for initial HRO screening.
- Assist HR assistant in writing and sending letters to accepted/rejected applicants.
- Assist with HR data streamlining process working with a database and electronic files.
- Courier visa applications to consulates.
- Filing and other administrative support tasks.
- Assist as needed in the Welcome Days and other in-house trainings.
- Attend BBLs, public education events, and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows.
- Strong writing and computer skills,
- Experience or interest in HR for a nongovernmental organization an asset,
- Experience working with Microsoft Access databases an asset,
- Fluent in English, French an asset,
- Good organizational skills,
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF.
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: