Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is pleased to announce its paid Internship Program. Interns gain practical work experience and support the work of our Communications, Development, Program, Human Resources (both for the field and the office), and Executive departments. Interns also gain a basic introduction to the field of international medical humanitarian aid and advocacy. All internships will take place in our New York office and will be paid at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
- This is a competitive program. Candidates will be selected on a merit basis.
- Due to high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- Internship applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates may apply for more than one term, but will only be contacted regarding the most current term.
- International candidates are responsible for securing their U.S. work permit. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- All candidates are responsible for their own accommodation (and relocation, if applicable) in New York City. If your CV indicates that you are not based in New York, please make sure to explicitly note in your cover letter that you will be available to move to New York City for the duration of the internship, if applicable.
- No calls or e-mails please regarding application status.
In addition to paid internships, Doctors Without Borders participates in work/study programs for those who qualify.
If applying to more than one internship position, please send a separate application for each position. You can find application form by clicking the original link.
Duties: Access Campaign Vaccines Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Participate in conference calls of internal networks' working groups and assist with preparation, note taking, and dissemination of key documents.
- Conduct research on vaccination technologies, strategies, and policies.
- Draft summaries and reports on vaccination-related studies and documents.
- Maintain a database of key literature/references.
- Provide general administrative support.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills applicants should have:
- Excellent writing skills,
- Experience in global health advocacy and/or Masters Degree preferable,
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading ability,
- An interest in medical humanitarian aid and the movement towards access to essential medicines for the most vulnerable populations,
- Initiative and confidence to work independently and ask questions in a fast-paced work environment,
- A working knowledge of MS Word and Excel,
- Other languages, particularly French, a plus.
For more information click "Further official information" below.