The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is recruiting a
Doctoral candidate (PhD Student) in Constitutional Law (F/M)
- Ref: F2-070017 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- 3-years fixed-term contract, renewable once (up to 4 years)
- Fulltime position, 40h/week.
- Earliest start date: October or November 2015 (to be determined)
S/he will be working in the Research Unit of Law (RUL) of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Luc Heuschling.
- The candidate’s main task will be to prepare, under the supervision of Professor Heuschling, a doctoral thesis in the field of constitutional law: Luxembourgish Constitutional Law, Comparative Constitutional Law, History of constitutional thought and teaching, and/or Constitutional Theory. Anyone interested in the position should first contact Professor Heuschling by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an informal exchange before writing or submitting her/his PhD project. The thesis work will be undertaken at the University of Luxembourg but can also be part of a jointly-supervised project with another university
- The candidate will also contribute to teaching classes and tutorials.
- S/he will also assist Professor Heuschling with his research and teaching activities.
Applications should be submitted in English, French, or German, and must include the following:
- A substantive research proposal: a) depicting the state of the art on the proposed topic; b) underscoring the innovative features of the research project; and c) giving a brief outline of the research plan (covering the three year duration of the PhD). The applicant may submit a second, alternative research proposal, if s/he is hesitating between two topics
- A motivation letter addressed to Professor Heuschling explaining the applicant’s interest in the University of Luxembourg and her/his career plan.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a list of any publications, together with copies thereof, if applicable.
- Transcripts of all university studies and of the last year of secondary school
- If possible, one or more recommendation letters.
Applications must be submitted online before 01/09/2015.
Additionally, a paper version of the application must be sent to:
Prof. Dr. Luc Heuschling
Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
University of Luxembourg
4, rue Alphonse Weicker