Athlete Support Programme In partnership with the Irish Institute of Sport
DIT is committed to the pursuit of excellence in all aspects of its work. The Sport & Recreation Service facilitates this vision through its Athlete Support Programme providing talented athletes with a supportive environment within which they can develop maximum sporting performance alongside academic excellence. Their continued success in the future as one of the leading lights in High Performance Student Sport is through a closely-knit partnership with the Irish Institute of Sport to develop and deliver a range of athlete led support services.Elite student-athletes are supported to carefully balance their time and commitments to achieve their academic and sporting goals.
A limited number of places on the programme are awarded to full-time students who are accepted on a programme of study at DIT and who demonstrate outstanding ability in a particular sport.
The range and level of athlete-led support services is individual based and include the following:
- Financial assistance to underpin training and competition expenses i.e. travel costs, equipment, sports attire
- Membership to on-camus sports facilities
- Academic support
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Psychology
- DIT branded sportswear
- Applications will be considered from existing students on the basis of their sporting achievements to date, and applications are considered in partnership with the National Governing Bodies for Sport.
- To be eligible for a place on the programme, applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Be enrolled on a full-time programme of academic study at DIT.
- Be competing in a sport that is recognised by the Irish Sports Council.
- Compete and perform at International, National, Inter-Provincial, Inter County and/or Senior Club level.
- Represent the Institute in the appropriate competitive structure.
Places on the programme are awarded on an annual basis and may be renewed for subsequent years.
DIT Athlete Support Programme 2016-17
As places on the Athlete Support Programme are only awarded to full-time students who are accepted into DIT, applications will only be considered from prospective students who have applied for a full-time programme of study at the Institute. Applicants should apply through the CAO in the normal way.
Applicants should be competing at a high level and be willing to represent and compete for the Institute in their chosen sport. To apply for a place on the 2016-2017 programme students must complete an online application form by clicking on the link below, the closing date for submission is Friday 27th of May 2016. All applications will be reviewed and successful candidates will be short-listed for interview. The interview panel will consider the applicants current level of performance, potential to develop as an elite athlete and the possible contribution to the development of sport at DIT.
For further information regarding criteria, eligibility and benefits of the DIT Athlete Support Programme please click HERE to download an Athlete Support Programme Leaflet.
If you would like to make any informal enquiries about the Athlete Support Programme or require any assistance with the application process please contact Niamh O'Callaghan, Sports Officer -
Tel: (01) 4023042
Mobile: 087 2985849
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: