Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The University of Pittsburgh Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences is offering three postdoctoral fellowships in the humanities and two in the social sciences (in the Department of History and the Department of Economics) for the academic year 2016-2017. Fellows will teach one course each semester, complete scholarly work, and participate in the academic and intellectual communities of the departments with which they are affiliated and across the Dietrich School. Within the Dietrich School, rich opportunities for interdisciplinary exchange are available in the Humanities Center, the World History Center and in a number of vibrant multidisciplinary programs.
Fellows receive an annual stipend of $45,000, a $3,500 annual research/travel allowance, and a $1,500 one-time moving allowance. Fellows may apply for an additional one-year renewal. The University provides a relatively comprehensive package of fringe benefits, including medical insurance, participant-paid dental and vision insurance, life insurance, eligibility to participate in the University’s tuition scholarships program, and a retirement plan allowing personal tax deferral to TIAA/CREF with no University match. Fellows have access to additional benefits which currently include: University libraries and recreational facilities, computing and networking services, and fare-free public transportation.
We invite applications from qualified candidates who have satisfactorily completed all requirements for the PhD degree, including any oral defense, by June 1, 2016. Individuals who graduated before September 1, 2014 are ineligible. Any offer of employment is contingent upon having the PhD degree in-hand prior to the appointment, and acquiring all proper visas (for international fellows).
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. EST on February 12, 2016. Letters of recommendation must be received by 5 p.m. EST on February 19, 2016. No exceptions to deadlines are granted. Safari is not a recommended browser.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Dissertation table of contents
- Two-page statement of research interests outlining the goals of the research you will undertake during the term of the fellowship
- Two-page statement of teaching interests
- Writing sample or excerpt of no more than 20 pages (including references and appendices)
- Course proposal including the subject area, a brief syllabus and proposed methods for a 15-week course directed towards advanced undergraduate or graduate students.
- Three letters of recommendation (Applicants must submit the names and e-mail addresses of three recommenders via the application page. Each recommender will receive an e-mail prompt with a link to upload the letter; applicants will receive a confirmation email as each letter is uploaded. It is the applicant’s responsibility to coordinate with recommenders so that they have ample time to upload after the applicant submits his or her application. Letters will not be accepted by direct e-mail or postal mail, nor will they be accepted after February 19 at 5 p.m. EST. Applicants who use Interfolio’s online application delivery system need to apply several days before the deadline to ensure that letters arrive on time. Any applicant who has not completed the PhD at the time of application should request that at least one recommender confirm his/her expected graduation date in his/her reference letter.)
View the Dietrich School Humanities Center Postdoctoral Fellowship job announcement [link], and apply [link].
For answers to questions about Dietrich School Humanities Center Postdoctoral Fellowships that are not covered in the FAQs, contact Julianna Murphy [link].
View the Dietrich School Social Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship job announcement [link] for the Department of History and apply [link].
For answers to questions about Dietrich School Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Department of History that are not covered in the FAQs, contact [Admin] [link].
View the Dietrich School Social Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship job announcement [link] for the Department of Economics, and apply [link].
For answers to questions about Dietrich School Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Department of Economics that are not covered in the FAQs, contact [Admin] [link].
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: