The Business Informatics Department within the Faculty of Management and Business Sciences invites applications for the position of a Professor (salary grade W3) for the area: Data Science commencing at the earliest opportunity.
The professor will contribute to sharpen the profile of the department and the faculty by excellent teaching, conducting national and international scientific research, and supporting transfer into as well as collaboration with outside business partners. Teaching areas will comprise fundamental topics regarding Big Data, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence and also basic topics regarding business informatics. Candidates are expected to provide expertise in these teaching areas. Therefore, we expect strong work experience, peer-reviewed publications in relevant areas, demonstrated track record in research as well as a business network. This position aims to expand the application-oriented research of the faculty which includes co-operating in research projects. Co-operative Ph.D. programs allow supervising Ph.D. candidates and conducting larger research projects.
Requirement for employment (see § 47 of the State University Law (LHG)):
- Willingness and interest to co-create a dynamic university.
- Enthusiasm in teaching future specialists and leaders in business informatics.
- University degree in Informatics, Business Informatics or a related field.
- Outstanding achievements in a professional field at applying scientific insights or methods within five or more years (of which a minimum of three years must have been gained outside the university sector).
- Outstanding qualification for scientific work, normally proven by the achievement of a doctoral degree.
- Practical pedagogical and didactical qualification (especially by using new learning media).
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken.
We are looking forward to your written applications (ID number WI-02) until January 22nd, 2016 to:
- Technik und Wirtschaft -
Human Resources Departement
P. O. Box 17 28, 73428 Aalen
If you have further questions about the position please contact Prof. Dr. Frank Richter (firstname.lastname@example.org).