The Curtin Business School (CBS) Innovation International Scholarship has been developed by Curtin University to encourage and support students who have chosen to study in the field of business information systems / technology.
The CBS Innovation International Scholarship is part of Curtin University’s commitment to innovation and excellence in teaching and research, for the benefit of our students and the wider community. Students applying for the CBS Innovation International Scholarship are required to show insight and creative ideas in relation to their future profession and demonstrate a strong understanding of their chosen course of study.
Student type: Future Students
Faculty: Curtin Business School
Course type: Undergraduate
Gender: Non-gender specific
Nationality: International students
Scholarship base: Merit Based
Maximum number awarded: 5
The CBS Innovation International Scholarship will provide the following support for the expected duration of the undergraduate degree for up to a maximum of three years (based on a full-time study load of at least 100 credits per semester):
- A total value of up to $9,000 paid as a cash stipend of $1,500 per semester. The amount can be used at the recipient's discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses.
Payments occur post census date each semester. Payments will be made approximately mid-end April and September each year.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Information Systems) single major
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Information Technology) single major
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Information Technology and Systems) double major
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the CBS Innovation International Scholarship:
- International student and hold a valid Student Visa – Higher Education (Subclass 573)
- Received a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) into an eligible undergraduate degree and major at Curtin University in 2017
This scholarship is deferrable for up to one year.
Recipients must meet ALL of the following:
- Remain enrolled in eligible course and major and major of study
- Maintain a full time study load of 100 credits each semester at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 70 each semester
- Pass all units attempted each semester
Scholarship continuity is subject to meeting satisfactory academic progress as outlined above. Progress will be assessed at the end of each study period. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, a recipient with unsatisfactory progress or who breaches the scholarship conditions shall be ineligible to retain the scholarship. Exceptional circumstances must be forwarded to and shall be at the discretion of the Scholarships Office.
Changes to Enrolment
If a recipient intends to do any of the following they must also apply in writing to the Scholarships Office (email@example.com) for approval BEFORE the change. The Scholarships Office will advise how the change will affect their scholarship.
Change from Full-Time Enrolment
Withdrawal or Terminated from units or course: A recipient who withdraws from their units or course of study, or has been terminated from studies will become ineligible for continuation of the scholarship, will not receive any further payments and will be required to repay to Curtin University the stipend awarded for that study period if applicable.
How to apply
Step 1: Download
- Application form and guide available to download from right hand side of this page when scholarship is open for application
Step 2: Complete
- Important information such as formatting requirements are detailed in the application guide
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date listed at top of page and on application form
- Late or incomplete applications will be assessed as ineligible
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt sent to email listed through Curtin international admission within 10 working days of receiving application
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of chosen course of study
- Responses to questions in application
- Academic merit
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) into an eligible undergraduate business school degree at Curtin University in 2017
Step 6: Outcome
- Outcome sent via email listed through Curtin international admission in mid-January 2017 (all successful and unsuccessful applicants notified)
Step 7: Acceptance
- Successful applicants (including applicants who wish to defer their study) must return acceptance documents by early February 2017
- Deferral details are included in scholarship terms and conditions
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient merit
- Scholarship will commence from first semester of study
- Scholarship is not transferrable to another major, course or university
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
Building 101, Level 1
Building 101, Level 1
GPO Box U1987
PERTH WA 6845
Fax Number: +61 8 9266 3279
Please attach a front cover page containing
- Student Name
- Student ID
- Number of pages faxed
All applications must be signed.
For more details please click on the "Further official information" link below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: