Do you take an interest in development research and global challenges?
Come to Bergen in August 2017!
Are you keen to challenge globalisation, to tackle inequalities, to query (planetary) boundaries, to join the flow of ideas?
Participate in the EADI NORDIC Conference 2017!
The conference is a joint partnership between EADI (European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes), NFU (Norwegian Association of Development Research) and the University of Bergen (UiB).
The EADI NORDIC 2017 provides a public forum for academic exchange, reflection and debate on pressing global and developmental questions. We invite scholars, policymakers and practitioners to engage in new approaches to understand global challenges and reflect on paths forward.
Call for Papers
- deadline for abstracts: 16 January 2017
- notification of abstract acceptance: 28 February 2017
- deadline for full papers: 31 May 2017
- notification of paper acceptance: 30 June 2017
- deadline for final papers: 17 July 2017
Call for Panels and Ad-hoc Working Groups
- deadline for expressions of interest: 17 October 2016
- selection of panels / ad-hoc WGs (inclusion in CfP if needed): November 2016
- deadline for full descriptions with speakers: 31 January 2017
- deadline for early bird registration: End of May (TBC)
Call for Papers
Procedure for submitting conference papers
Researchers on development issues are invited to present papers for the EADI NORDIC Conference under the Working Group sessions or the Ad hoc Panels. Papers should be related to the topics of the working group sessions / Ad hoc panels of the conference – there is no facility for standalone papers at this conference. Please consult the session descriptions and use the online submission tool to submit your abstract by 16 January 2017. Authors will be informed by the organising team no later than 28 February 2017 whether their subject has been accepted. We welcome submissions in English and French.
Please read the list of panels/sessions carefully before selecting a workshop for participation. You can only apply to ONE workshop. Multiple submissions will be disqualified from the selection process. Please check the conference website from time to time to see if new panels have been added, or subscribe to our conference eNewsletter.
For more information click "Further official information" below.