Weatherhead Initiative on Global History, Harvard University
Supported by Simmons College, Boston, MA
Hosted by Olympiacos F.C. in Athens, Greece
September 4th and 5th, 2017
Following up on its 2016 conference, “Soccer as a Global Phenomenon,” The Weatherhead Initiative on Global History (WIGH) at Harvard University is happy to announce a second event, “Reinforcing, Crossing, and Transcending Borders: Soccer in a Globalized World.”
- Please submit a single combined doc or pdf file including an abstract of no more than 500 words and a brief CV to email@example.com the subject line “Borders2017.”
- In the body of the email, please include your name, affiliation, and the title of your project.
- If you would like to propose a screening, please send us a proposal, and, if we are interested in your film, we will a request a production submission.
- We recommend including a header with your name on every page of your submission.
- In the case of papers or films with multiple contributors, we are only able to cover transportation costs for one person.
Paper Proposals are due May 20th, 2017. Late proposals will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified in June 2017. If accepted, you will be asked for a draft paper by August 15th. We hope to cover all (economy class) travel costs, accommodation and meals, pending the availability of funds.
Sven Beckert, Laird Bell Professor of History, Harvard University
Stephen Ortega, Associate Professor of History, Simmons College
Yağmur Nuhrat, Instructor of Sociology, Bilgi University
Daren Graves, Associate Professor of Education, Simmons College
Initiator of Conference Series: Cemal Kafadar, Vehbi Koç Professor of Turkish Studies, Harvard University
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.