- Professor Joshua Castellino (Middlesex University, London)
- Dr Osten Wahlbeck (University of Helsinki, Finland)
More speakers will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
Call for abstracts
Researchers are encouraged to contribute to and help shape the conference through submissions of their abstracts. The conference themes cover issues relating to migration from, through and into Kurdistan.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Migration, ethnicity, citizenship, belonging and identity politics
- Migration, labour market, entrepreneurship and economic integration
- Migration, gendered experiences, and sexuality
- Family dynamics and intergenerational relationships
- Migrants, media and translocal cultural politics and representations
- Political participation, (digital) networks and organizations
- Transnational ties and/or remittances
- Migration, law, legal status, rights, and undocumented migration
- Internal and international migration, borders and borderlands
- Discrimination and xenophobia and diasporic narratives of Kurdish resistance
- Refugee and internal displacement issues
- Migration theories and frameworks
- Research methodology and Kurdish migration
We also welcome submissions of proposals for panels.
Special panel: Kurdish Studies at British Universities
Due to a strong demand of scholars working in all subject of Kurds and Kurdistan at British universities, we have decided to organise a special panel(s) on “Kurdish Studies at British Universities”. The papers for this panel are not limited to migration but is open for all subject of Kurds and Kurdistan studies. If you would like to be considered for the special panel please note this in your submission.
How to submit
N.B. All speakers will be required to register and pay the registration fee ahead of the conference. You will be sent information on how to register upon acceptance of your paper.
Registration fee: £ 50
Discount fee for students (undergraduate, postgraduate or doctoral): £ 25
For more information, please contact the conference organisers:
– Dr Janroj Yilmaz Keles: J.Keles@mdx.ac.uk
– Dr Alessio D’Angelo: A.Dangelo@mdx.a.uk
– Deadline for abstract submissions: March 1st, 2017
– Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2017
– Conference date: June 15-16, 2017
This conference is organised by the Business School and the Social Policy Research Centre at Middlesex University
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.