International Scientific Conference XXII Slavic Readings, May 18-19, 2017
The conference welcomes presentations of research done on contemporary issues of Russian and Slavic studies, and functioning of the Russian language, literature and culture in a foreign language environment. Therefore, the work of the conference will be organized in the following sections:
Contemporary issues of Russian and Slavic studies (a theoretical aspect):
- Slavic languages: historical and contemporary context.
- Literature of the Slavs: historical and contemporary context.
- Slavic-Baltic language, literature and culture connections.
- Russian literature within the world literature context.
Russian language, literature and culture in a foreign language environment (a pragmatic aspect).
- Studying Russian literature and culture in the modern world.
- Russian language in a multicultural environment.
- Innovative methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language.
The workshop on the art of poetry “New Russian Poetry in the 21st Century” with poets from Moscow, Riga and Daugavpils will be hosted on the sidelines of the conference.
The working languages of the conference are Russian, English and Latvian.
The conference materials are published in the collections of scientific articles “Slavic Readings”.
Organizing committee reserve the right to select the presenters and articles for publication depending on the academic interest of the topic and its correspondence to the tasks of the conference.
Registration fee – EUR 30 EUR is paid upon registration.
Conference participants cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
To get registered by February 1, 2017 send in a filled in application form to the following email address: email@example.com or fill in the online application form.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: