The XXIX International Congress on Historiography and Source Studies of Asia and Africa «ASIA AND AFRICA: THEIR HERITAGE AND MODERNITY», Faculty of Asian and African Studies, St. Petersburg State University, 21-23 June, 2017
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Middle East.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Iran and Afghanistan.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Caucasus.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Central Asia. Nomads of Eurasia.
Nomads of Eurasia.
- Historiography and Source Studies of India and Southeast Asia.
- Historiography and Source Studies of China.
Round table discussion: “Legacy and Modernity in China”.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Japan.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Korea.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Mongolia, Tibet and Buddhism.
- African Studies – “In memoriam of D.A.Olderogge”.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Ancient Orient.
- Languages of Asia and Africa.
- Literatures of Asia and Africa.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Islam in Russia.
- Round table discussion: “Middle East as a Major Centre of “The Arch of Instability on the Rim of Eurasia and North Africa”.
- Round table discussion: “Mountain Societies: Traditions and Modernity”.
- Round table discussion: “Problems of Gender Studies in the East”.
- Round table discussion: “Traditionalism and Orient”.
- Round table discussion: “Christianity in Asia and Africa”.
- Round table discussion: “History of the Oriental Studies in Russia: the 200th Anniversary of the Establishment of Asiatic Museum in St Petersburg”.
- Workshop of Young Scholars in Asian and African Studies – 2017.
Working languages of the Conference: Russian and English.
Time limit for papers: 15 minutes.
Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 1 February 2017.
Abstracts (synopsis of the paper) should not exceed 650 words and should be e-mailed to the Organizing Committee as an attachment in MS Word 1997-2003 or .rtf format. Besides, a limited number of full papers up to 3500 words (selected by the Organizing Committee) on the major subjects of the Congress will be published. Should you decide to publish a full paper, please e-mail it together with your abstract. Proceedings will be published prior to the Conference and distributed at the time of registration.
Conference fee: 100 Euro (120 USD).
We regret to inform that the Organising Committee is unable to cover the costs of your tickets and accommodation; however, the Organizing Committee can help in arranging accommodation in St. Petersburg.
Those who wish to participate in the Conference should fill in an on-line application form, which can be found on the official website (please click "Further Official Information" below this announcement). Applicants will be informed on the outcome before 15 March 2017.
You are kindly advised to check the Congress website for further information including the Congress Programme.
Should you have any query please contact the Organizing Committee of the conference at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel./fax: (+7812) 328-77-32.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: