SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOCIOLINGUISTICS:
Insights from Superdiversity, Complexity and Multimodality
6-8 September 2018, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
We are delighted to inform you that the 2nd International Conference on Sociolinguistics (ICS-2)
will take place 6-8 September 2018 at Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary.
We invite contributions which address current sociolinguistic issues from a great variety of
perspectives including superdiversity, complexity and multimodality.
Accordingly, possible topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Language variation and change
- Language and mobility
- Language as a local practice
- Multilingualism/Polylanguaging and superdiversity
- English as a Lingua Franca in the polylingual world
- Language and class
- Language and gender
- Linguistic landscape
- Identity practices in the social media
- Language in the media
- Language and advertising
- Language and economy
- Language ideologies
- New developments in pidgin and creole linguistics
- Language policy, language planning
- Educational linguistics
- Sociolinguistics of language education
- Forensic sociolinguistics
- Critical Discourse Analysis
- Cognitive sociolinguistics
Poster presentations will be allocated their own time slot during the conference.
The registration fee includes coffee and refreshment breaks on each day
of the conference, the conference pack including the e-abstract book
and some other useful conference gadgets.
|STANDARD REGISTRATION until 15 April 2018||LATE REGISTRATION
from 16 April to 31 May 2018
|Registration fee||130 EUR||190 EUR|
Lunch for 3 days (optional): 8 EUR per day
Conference dinner party (optional): 38 EUR
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.