The ICSOC’'2016 PhD Symposium is an international forum for PhD students working in all areas related to service-oriented computing.
ICSOC is the top international forum for academics, industry researchers, developers, and practitioners to report and share groundbreaking work in service-oriented computing. ICSOC fosters cross-community scientific excellence by gathering experts from various disciplines, such as business process management, distributed systems, computer networks, wireless and mobile computing, cloud computing, cyber physical systems, networking, scientific workflows, services science, data science, management science, and software engineering.
ICSOC 2016 will bring together scientists, engineers, and practitioners from multiple disciplines to focus on service-oriented, cloud-based, innovative enterprises ready for the 21st century. The conference will feature research and industry presentations, forward-looking keynote presentations, workshops, demonstrations, tutorials, and a PhD track.
In particular each paper must:
- Provide a clear problem statement,
- Outline the research challenges that drive the proposed work,
- Describe the proposed solution, its expected impact, the expected research plan, and the preliminary results,
- Discuss the progress beyond the state of the art of the envisioned research outcome compared to current literature and approaches, and
- Discuss how the work will be evaluated, stating how the suggested solution is different, new, or better than existing approaches to the problem.
Accepted papers presented at the Symposium will be included in the ICSOC’16 post-conference proceedings of satellite events, to be published by Springer in the Service Science series.
Submissions must be at most 6 page long (strict requirement) and formatted according to the Springer LNCS format. Submissions must be single-authored, and the name of the supervisor(s) must be clearly indicated. Papers must be submitted electronically, in PDF format, via the PhD Symposium track in the ICSOC submission system.
- Paper submission deadline: June 1, 2016
- Notifications: June 21, 2016
- Camera ready deadline: June 30, 2016