Focus on 'Beauty, Form and Function in Typography'
Typography Day will be organized for the eleventh time on 1st to 3rd March 2018 at Sir J J Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai in collaboration with the Industrial Design Centre (IDC), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) with support from India Design Association (InDeAs) and Aksharaya.
The theme for this year's event is 'Beauty, Form and Function in Typography'
The event will feature a day of workshops on Typography and Calligraphy followed by two days of conference dedicated to 'Beauty, Form and Function in Typography'. The international conference will be devoted to addressing issues faced by type designers, type users and type educators. The conference includes presentations by invited keynote speakers, eminent academicians, blind juried papers, industry professionals, research scholars and students. The event will also host an exhibition of selected posters and typographic works of students and faculty members from Design Institutes.
The event is planned over three days:
Day 1: Workshops on Typography + Meet on 'Research in Typography'
Day 2-3 : Conference focusing on 'Beauty, Form and Function in Typography' + Typo Quiz +Exhibition and Installations and Award ceremony
We invite a 500-800 word abstract (with examples) in three categories:
- Concerns in 'Beauty, Form and Function in Typography' (Academic Research/Presentations)
- Innovative applications of Beauty, Form and Function in Typography (Case Studies)
- Student projects on Beauty, Form and Function in Typography
The abstract submission should include the following:
- Title of the paper
- Abstract of the paper
- Three to four images of the work described
- Author name, Designation, Organisation and contact details (including email)
- Category of submission ( Academic / Industry / Student)
The total number of words including the title, keywords and the abstract should be a maximum of 800 words.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.