Vacancy Announcement - Internship/Traineeship - Communication and eLearning Programme Support
The Peacekeeping Training Programme (PTP) contributes to the international community’s efforts towards the peaceful resolution of conflicts and the building of lasting peace. Recognizing that peace is a prerequisite for the achievement of the Agenda 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, the Peacekeeping Training Programme supports the development of capacities in the areas of peacekeeping, peacebuilding and crisis management. Through innovative and results-oriented approaches, the Programme strengthens knowledge and skills of individuals, groups or institutions.
UNITAR PTP offers an Internship/Traineeship opportunity for university students or postgraduates. This working experience is designed to allow interns/trainees to strengthen their knowledge and gain practical experience in the training and learning field, with a specialization in topics related to peacekeeping.
Under the supervision of the Manager of the Peacekeeping Training Programme, the incumbent will provide support in the digital communications and marketing of the team.
By the end of the Internship/Traineeship the incumbent will be able to:
- Identify vocabulary related to peace and security, as well as UN terminology;
- Explain the process for the development and implementation of design and marketing for PTP academic programmes;
- Recommend improvements to the marketing of PTP academic programmes;
- Recommend new techniques for technology enhanced learning at PTP;
- Apply time management skills in order to respect tight deadlines.
In carrying out these tasks, the incumbent will be provided with clear guidelines and fully supported by PTP staff.
PTP staff will make sure that the incumbent will gain the maximum advantage possible in pursuance of his/her responsibilities – in terms of acquisition of professional and interpersonal skills.
Measurable outputs/Deliverables/Schedule of Deliverables:
- Effective support to the design and marketing of PTP academic and educational programmes is provided;
- Effective support to the administration and management of the e-learning courses is provided;
- Research conducted on technology enhanced education themes, upon request;
- Effective support in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of training activities is provided;
- General assistance provided – as requested.
Performance Indicators for Evaluation of Results:
- Quality of the outputs;
- Accurateness of the material provided.
Applicants should have a solid background in the following fields:
- Digital Design/Online Marketing
- Training / Education/ eLearning.
- Cross-cultural competency
The intern/trainee should possess good organizational and research skills, strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, After Effects, etc.), knowledge and experience with Moodle, familiarity with numerous new/social media platforms, familiarity with website development - WordPress or similar CMS, working knowledge of MS Office Suite, excellent internet and e-mail skills. Other qualities, such as willingness to learn, dedication and independence at work are welcome.