Making an Impact
Co-op Hot Shots returns for the fifth year running to showcase meaningful moments in our community through photos.
The theme for this year’s competition is “Making an Impact” which focuses on how simple acts of graciousness and cooperation can translate to positive impact that makes a meaningful difference to the lives of people around us.
We are looking for photographers – both experienced and aspiring – to take part in the competition to capture these beautiful moments and share them with the world. Get your cameras out and start snapping!
Anyone can make an impact through the simplest of acts. From giving up your seat on the train to someone who needs it more, to feeding the stray cat which hasn’t had a meal, to caring for someone who is ill – it is these acts which make a world of difference in the lives of those around us.
Making an Impact can be expressed through the 5 co-operative values of Co-operation, Self-help, Equality, Mutual Help, and Care For Others. For this competition, your entry photos should reflect any one of these values.
- Local Open
This category is open to anyone with no age restriction. This allows the engagement of any participants from all walks of lives and all ages. Image submission to be made on this site under ‘Submission’. The participants must complete all the fields to successfully upload the image. Images must contain a short caption of at least 20 words (or of not more than 50 words).
- School Category
This category is open to students from secondary school, Institute of Technical Education (ITE), junior college, polytechnic, university and international school in Singapore. Image submission to be made on this site under ‘Submission’. Images must contain a short caption of at least 20 words (not more than 50 words).The participants must complete all the fields to successfully upload the image.
The category will be opened to everyone residing outside of Singapore. Image submission to be made on this site under ‘Submission’. Images must contain a short caption of at least 20 words (not more than 50 words). The participants must complete all the fields to successfully upload the image.
- Instagram Category
Image submission to be made through Instagram.
- Participant's profile must be made public.
- Participant must follow @sncfsg (www.instagram.com/sncfsg)
- Entries must contain the hashtag #HotShots5.
- 1st Prize: $1000
- 2nd Prize: $300
- 3rd Prize: $100
- 1st Prize: $300
- 2nd Prize: $200
- 3rd Prize: $100
- 1st Prize: $500 worth of online voucher
- 2nd Prize: $300 worth of online voucher
- 3rd Prize: $100 worth of online voucher
- 1st Prize: $200
- 2nd Prize: $150
3rd Prize: $100
Terms and Conditions
- The judges’ decision will be final.
- Each participant can only take part in 1 category (Exception for Instagram category). Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Participants may send in multiple entries for the same category. Each participant is limited to a maximum of 10 entries.
- All entries must be in JPG file format, with minimum image dimensions of 2000 pixels, and maximum of 4000 pixels, with exception for Instagram category.
- Entries for Local Open, School and International categories must contain a short caption of at least 20 words, and not more than 50 words.
- All entries must be original works of the participants.
- Entries that have won prizes in other competitions, or have been previously used or are intended to be used for any commercial purposes must not be submitted.
- Any late entries will not be accepted.
- Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photographs is not allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, converting colour images to black and white are allowed. All entries must be photographic digital files.
- SNCF reserves the right to change, add or substitute the prizes. All prizes except for the International category are to be self-collected at the prize presentation.
- SNCF reserves the right to check relevant personal documents (eg. NRIC) for verification purposes.
- Winners will be announced after 9 Sep 2016.
- Winners may be interviewed by SNCF.
- SNCF reserves the right to cancel or suspend the competition, disqualify any participant or entry that does not comply with the criteria, and withhold prizes from any participant who has breached any of these T&Cs.
- SNCF reserves the rights to use, reproduce, edit and distribute entries submitted for internal and external publicity purposes, in any media format, and any media channels without obtaining further prior permission and payment of any fees or royalty to the participants.
- SNCF respects your privacy under personal data protection act. All winners are to consent to public disclosure of their names and the results of the competition. By taking part in this event, we understand that you have consented to the above.
For more details please click on the "Further official information" link.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: