CHORI Summer Research Internships
How do I apply?
Students interested in the CHORI Student Research Internships should submit the CHORI application and other required documents by the application deadline. See details provided below.
What is required as part of my application?
- Completed application form (either mailed or online)
- Official School Transcript
- On a separate sheet of paper, please write an essay of 500 words or less that addresses the following topics:
- The reasons why you want to participate in the CHORI Student Research Program
- The goals you hope to achieve through this program
- Why you believe you should be chosen as a candidate for our program
- Community and/or outreach activities you have participated in and/or organized independently or with any other organization
- Two letters of recommendation are required. At least one teacher, and a counselor or school official can write letters. They should address the applicant’s educational achievements and potential to succeed. The letters of recommendation may be sent with the application in a sealed envelope or separately, however no application will be considered until all items are received. All letters must be signed and written on school letterhead.
Stem Cell Research Internships for High School Students
Summer Program to Accelerate Regenerative medicine Knowledge (LIGHT a SPARK Program) – Funding Pending from California Institute for Regenerative Medicine
The objective of this program is to provide summer research training opportunities for High School students interested in basic science research. The focus is on opportunities for students from disadvantaged backgrounds, racial and ethnic minorities, and others who are underrepresented in the biomedical sciences (e.g., individuals with disabilities). The Program provides the students with a clinical research training experience to stimulate interest in pursuing a career in biomedical, clinical or stem cell research in a friendly and nurturing environment. Scientific mentors in the program work at CHORI or UC Berkeley Stem Cell Center. Six students are chosen each summer for this program.